Are you a young person (24 or under) that has experienced care?
You are invited to enter FosterClub's CREATIVE EXPRESSION contest! Our theme is
Foster Love in February:
How do you stay connected with family (including parents & siblings)? Why is staying connected important to you?
Share your art, poetry, music, quotes, essays - or any other creative outlet!
OFFICIAL RULES AND GUIDELINES:
Any young person up to age 24 who has experienced foster care, including kinship (living with relatives), is eligible to apply.
Submissions can take the form of quotes, essays, poems, photos, or any other method of creative expression that convey their experiences and feelings. A foster parent, caseworker, family member or another adult may help students develop an entry, though the actual content should be the youth's own work.
Deadline is February 28th, 2019
If youth are submitting an essay, poem, or other types of writing, it must be under 500 words, in English (or include an English translation of the original work), and, if possible, typed in 12-point font, and double-spaced with 1-inch margins.
Submissions must be sent by email, email@example.com (If you have trouble submitting this way, please contact Shannon at 503-717-1552). In your email, also include the following information:
- Full name of artist (only first name will be shared publicly)
- Age of artist (will be shared publicly)
- Address of artist (only the STATE will be shared publicly)
- Short summary of foster care experience (will NOT be shared publicly)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Name of a supportive adult, including their phone number, that we can contact to confirm your age and foster care status if you are under 18
- Any additional information you would like us to know about the work
Each creator of a published quote, blog, or creative work will receive a $25.00 Amazon gift card. All entries will be entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card to be drawn before March 15th, 2019.