About this resource
The Office of Child Protection Ombudsman (OCPO) is an independent office created to investigate complaints about DCFS. OCPO addresses your concerns by "working with DCFS to facilitate solutions, build upon best practices and strengthen service delivery."
You may contact OCPO at any time. Below is Utah's instructions for filing a complaint if you have unresolved concerns with DCFS:
- Discuss your concern with your caseworker or his/her supervisor
- If not resolved, contact your DCFS Regional Office:
- Eastern Region – (435) 722-6550
- Northern Region – (801) 397-7640
- Salt Lake Valley Region – (801) 253-5720
- Southwest Region – (435) 865-5600
- Western Region – (801) 374-7013
- Or follow link for an interactive map to find the DCFS office (linked) nearest you
- If still not resolved, contact the state office at email@example.com or (801) 538-4208
- If still not resolved, contact the Office of Child Protection Ombudsman at (801) 538-4589 or, email firstname.lastname@example.org to report your concern online.