About this resource
Their help includes:
- Making sure youth understand their rights while in foster care
- Reviewing a youth's concerns about case-specific questions and complaints
- With a youth's permission, working with other people to improve their care.
- If you have a hearing or speech disability, call the toll-free Relay Texas service at 7-1-1 or 800-735-2989.
- Online: Submit your question or complaint online.
- Mail: Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Foster Care Ombudsman
P.O. Box 13247
Austin, TX 78711-3247
The team helps youth currently in foster care (up to age 18) get answers to questions and assists in resolving complaints about Health and Human Service programs.
8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday