Ombudsman (Complaints)

Oregon: Foster Care Ombudsman

About this resource

Ombudsman is a Swedish word that means "representative" or "agent." Ombudsman or Child Advocates were established within states and/or Child Welfare to investigate complaints, concerns, or violations of children right's while in foster care.

Anyone can call the Oregon Ombudsman for any complaints, concerns, or information, but they are generally a resource for foster youth and foster parents. You can call the number above, email them your questions, or fill out their Foster Care Ombuds Complaint Form on their website, linked here.


  • No eligibility requirements. Sometimes when you call you will get a voicemail. Make sure to leave your name and a good contact number so they can call you back and speak privaely