About this resource
Youth who have been in custody thru the Mississippi Dept. of Child Protection Services 6 months after their 16th birthday, are eligible to receive the Education and Training Voucher. Up to $5,000 annually to eligible students to be used toward the following based on available balance:
- School-related expenses such as tuition, books, supplies, fees, tutoring, etc.
- A monthly allowance of $150 while enrolled in school
- A maximum of $750 annually for computer needs while enrolled in school
- A maximumof$1,000annuallyfortransportationneedswhileenrolledinschool
- An additional $150 monthly for youth living in off-campus housing