About this resource
The federal Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 increased funding for the Education and Training Voucher (ETV). The maximum ETV award is usually $5,000 a year. In the coming year, however, that amount will be higher:
- Students who already qualified for ETV in the 2020-21 academic year could be eligible for an additional $2,500 for summer classes, even if they previously reached the $5,000 maximum.
- Students who will attend college in 2021-22 could be eligible for up to $12,000 for the year.
Students must complete a FAFSA Application and an Iowa College Aid Processing System Application before submitting your ETV application. ONCE BOTH OF THOSE APPLICATIONS ARE DONE the systems will notify the Education and Training Voucher Program that you have applied. Once that is processed by the program you should be notified if you were granted an award.
- Exited foster care (this includes group home, shelter, kinship or family foster care) supervised by the DHS/Juvenile Court Services within 30 days of their 18th birthday or later
- If you've received your maximum award for the year, please still visit the website to see if you can get more funding
- Were legally adopted or entered the Subsidized Guardianship Program from Iowa foster care at age 16 or older.