About this resource
The Hub is a youth-led and organized community center, dedicated to supporting current and former foster youth, ages 15-24, by providing a safe, welcoming center where foster youth are offered a variety of services by their peers and other caring community members.
In addition to DFCS staff, community partners operate from The Hub to support youth, creating a one-stop resource shop.
The Hub Resources Include:
- Independent Living Program (ILP)
- Access to Free Resources
- HubMart: stocked with interview clothes, backpacks, school supplies, and hygiene products!
- Fully stocked Shower/Laundry
- Health van: Medical mobile offers check-ups, sick care, immunizations, pregnancy testing, and STI testing.
- ILP Wellness: the team provides mental health support, including confidential counseling, LGBTQ support, & psychiatric services
- Parent & Kid Socials
- Employment: The Hub offers internships, workshops, adn training to prepare for and maintain employement.
- Education: Through the Opportunity Youth Acadamy (OYA) you can get your High School Diploma at The Hub! Also privded help with accessing collge.
- Legal Advice: Legal Advocates for Children & Youth (LACY) provide free legal advice, consultation, and resources
- Events! There are frequent events to celebrate achievements, connections, create a sense of belonging, and to build a welcoming atmosphere
You can check out more and connect with The Hub staff on their Facebook Page!
- Current and former foster youth, ages 15-24
- ILP-eligible probation youth, ages 15-24
PLEASE NOTE: The Hub offers ILP programs that are state and federally run programs. This means they can have different eligibily ages and requirments.