About this resource
The FosterClub All-Star Internship Program was founded on the belief that youth who have successfully transitioned from foster care to responsible young adulthood are best suited to impact the transition of their younger peers. Since 2004, FosterClub All-Stars have been reaching out to other foster youth through conferences, trainings, and events. Interns receive leadership training, help improve outcomes for foster youth transitioning out of care, educate peers and industry professionals, and change public perceptions about foster youth across the nation at conferences and events all summer long. Program Details: • 7-week Summer residence internship at FosterClub headquarters in Seaside, Oregon • Contract opportunities through summer 2018 • Paid travel and housing expenses • Cell phone reimbursement Application opens January 1 each year.
- Competitive application process
- Age 18-24 on the starting day of the internship
- Experienced foster care in the United States
- Willing to submit to a background check
- Permission to travel and a government issued photo ID