About this resource
An Ombudsman helps to investigate complaints and protect the rights of youth. Maryland's current Ombudsman is Loney Nguyen (pronounced Lonnie Win, pronouns She/Her). As Ombudsman's are supposed to, she works tirelessly to ensure accountability in treatment and service delivery. Please visit the following link for a flyer on Marland's Ombudsman.
To reach Loney:
- You can call the number above (if you reach the voicemail, leave your name, number, and best time to contact you)
- Text Loney at (443) 509-0348
- Email Loney at the address above
- Fill out a Contact Form at the end of the page, here: https://dhs.maryland.gov/foster-care/youth-resources/foster-youth-ombuds/
- Or fill you can submit a confidential inquiry, here: https://docs.google.com/forms/ (form on main website, as well)
All youth have Rights and Protections under law. Please view Maryland Bill of Rights, linked for you.