About this resource
Youth and families are referred to Choices in different ways but are typically enrolled by states or counties with whom we partner. We also partner directly with schools and managed care entities.
Choices provides a care coordinator for each child and family we serve. The care coordinator helps build a custom plan for each youth and family. Care coordinators:
- help families identify strengths and needs to develop plans;
- partner with families to build a team of community supports and health care resources;
- help families track their progress;
- stay in regular contact with youth and families with face-to-face meetings and phone calls;
- provide crisis support; and
- educate, empower, and encourage youth and caregivers.