About this resource
The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) serves as a primary vehicle for the CSU in increasing the access, academic excellence, and retention of California’s historically underserved students (low income, First Generation College). The EOP designs, administers, and supports programs that deliver access and retention services to historically low income and educationally disadvantaged students. The program provides admission, academic, and financial assistance to EOP-eligible undergraduate students.
Services may vary from each campus. To determine if the CSU campus that you are interested in applying to is accepting EOP applications, please review the EOP Admission by Term site.
- Completed application for admission, including the EOP portion;
- Pay the $70 CSU application fee, unless you are eligible for an application fee waiver;
- Submit high school and/or college transcripts when notified by the campus; and
- Submit appropriate test scores such as SAT or ACT when notified by the campus.
In addition to submitting an application according to the steps above, applicants must complete the EOP portion of the application, including:
- Two names and email addresses for the letters of recommendation (Coordinators willing to work with students who may not have a supportive adult to provide recommendations)
- Autobiographical portion of the EOP sections
Please note in addition to the above, some programs may require additional supplemental information and/or an EOP interview.
The general deadlines to submit the EOP portion of your Cal State Apply application are as follows:
Fall: January 15
Spring: August 31