About this resource
There are a total of 10 scholarships are available for the University of Alaska annually, and these scholarships are effective for a total of five years.
- Complete the enrollment process to the University of Alaska campus of your choice.
- Complete the FAFSA form (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/)
- Fill out the application form for the University of Alaska Foster Youth Presidential Tuition Waiver
- Attach your most recent high school, GED, and college transcripts.
- Attach 2 letters of recommendation
- Attach a personal essay
- Attach copies of application for two other scholarships.
- MAIL YOUR COMPLETE PACKET BY JUNE 1ST TO:
YOUTH EDUCATION COORDINATOR
4500 DIPLOMACY DRIVE, SUITE 303
ANCHORAGE, AK 99508
- Resident of Alaska Have a high school diploma or GED prior to enrollment at the University
- Have been in OCS custody on or after your 16th birthday and not yet age 21
- Demonstrate financial need for financial assistance Applied for two other