Health care
Emergency support

Access Arkansas

About this resource

On Access Arkansas, you can manage your case, report changes, upload documents DHS needs, and apply for:

Health Care to help pay for doctor visits, medications, and other health services you get in facilities or in your community.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits to help buy food at participating stores
Transitional Employment Assistance (TEA) benefits to help eligible families pay
for basic needs

Health Care

Medicaid, for those who are eligible, may help pay medical bills, doctor's visits, services in the home and facilities, and Medicare premiums.

DHS offers health care to the following groups of people:

Children under age 19
Adults age 19 - 64
Adults who are older, blind, or have a disability
Children who are blind or have a disability
Residents of a nursing home or assisted living facility

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

SNAP benefits can help eligible households buy healthy food from participating stores each month.

To decide if you can get SNAP benefits, DHS will ask you:

How many people live in your home
The amount of money you make
What things you own

Some SNAP clients may have to do work or other activities to be eligible for benefits. Access Arkansas lets you apply and report information for your benefits all in one

Transitional Employment Assistance (TEA)

TEA offers short-term financial benefits to help families with limited incomes meet
basic needs and improve their earning ability.

Households must have a child under 18 years old living in the home and meet other requirements. Eligible families may qualify to get:

Money to help pay bills
Job training
Childcare assistance
Transportation assistance