On February 3rd, 2021, FosterClub and Juvenile Law Center were joined by representatives from Think of Us, Together We Rise, and Youth Villages in hosting their second webinar for advocates that included the following:
- Overview of logistics and planning to set up direct to youth payments
- Recommendations for easy eligibility and verification
- Suggested payment amounts and examples of successful distribution
- Examples from organizations that have provided direct payments to youth during the pandemic
The Goal of this webinar is to provide tools and tips to states, jurisdictions, and local advocates on best practices to administer direct cash assistance to young people in and from foster care.
View the webinar recording here > > >
Download the slides >>>
Access the handouts and resources shared on the webinar:
1) Decision Grid: Planning Direct Financial Assistance for states and jurisdictions to review as they begin the planning process for distributing direct financial assistance to young people in and from care.
2) Children's Bureau Guidance on the Older Youth Pandemic Relief provisions, released January 15th, 2021.
3) FosterClub Blog on Getting Cash to Young People in Crisis provides details of the organizational practices for providing cash assistance and gifts cards remotely to young people.
The Supporting Foster Youth and Families through the Pandemic Act (H.R. 7947) became law as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act on December 27, 2020 (PL 116-260). This law is intended to bring significant emergency relief to young people in and from foster care. One critical way this relief can be delivered is through direct to youth payments.
Stay tuned for our Next Webinar Wednesday, February 10th!
Reach out to FosterClub's policy team at [email protected] or Jenny Pokempner at [email protected] for questions about this webinar or implementation.