We believe foster youth benefit from community connections with their peers. Whether you connect through FosterClub, a Youth Advisory Board, or another peer network - we want to hear from you!
Are you a young person (24 or under) that has experienced care? You are invited to enter FosterClub's CREATIVE EXPRESSION contest! Our theme is
Finding Your People: How Foster Youth Connect
How did you find ‘a community’ through FosterClub, a Youth Advisory Board, or another peer network? Why is it important for young people in foster care to connect with other youth with similar experiences?
Share your story, poetry, quotes, photos - or any other creative outlet!
OFFICIAL RULES AND GUIDELINES:
Any young person up to age 24 who have experienced foster care, including kinship (living with relatives), is eligible to apply.
Submissions can take the form of stories, poems, quotes, photos, or any other method of creative expression that convey their experiences and feelings. A foster parent, caseworker, family member, or another adult may help young people develop an entry, though the actual content should be the youth's own work.
Please be sure to review Strategic Sharing before sharing your story.
Deadline is May 1st, 2019
Answer one or more of the following:
- How do you connect with other peers who have experienced care?
- How do you benefit from peer connections or connections to other youth or adults who have experienced care?
- Do you feel like your peer network gives you opportunities to impact the foster care community?
- How has working with a group of peers, who have experienced care, allowed you to share your perspective on issues that matter to you?
Submissions must be sent by email, firstname.lastname@example.org (if you have trouble submitting this way, please contact Shannon at 503-717-1552). In your email, also include the following information:
- Full name of artist (only first name will be shared publicly)
- Age of artist (will be shared publicly)
- Address of artist (only the STATE will be shared publicly)
- Short summary of foster care experience (will NOT be shared publicly)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Name of a supportive adult, including their phone number, that we can contact to confirm your age and foster care status if you are under 18
- Any additional information you would like us to know about the work
We reserve the right to post all photos and entries on FosterClub website, FosterClub social media, and use them in future holiday campaigns.
Each creator of a published quote, blog, or creative work will receive a $25.00 Amazon gift card. All entries will be entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card to be drawn before May 15th, 2019.