National Foster Care Youth and Policy Council Improving Constituent Engagement in Policy & Practice.
Join us for a webinar Thursday, February 21st, 2019 at 10:00 am PST.
FosterClub & Foster Care Alumni of America are pleased to invite you to a webinar hosted by the National Foster Care Youth & Alumni Policy Council to discuss improving constituent (voices of lived experience in child welfare) engagement in policy and practice.
Hear first-hand about best practices for constituent engagement from young people who experienced foster care and advocate for child welfare reform on a local, state, and federal level. Learn how the leadership of young people can improve child welfare practice and policy reform. Youth engagement allows the child welfare system to better serve young people, their families, and the communities to which they belong. This webinar will illustrate how meaningful constituent engagement led to the passage of the Family First Prevention Services Act (FFPSA) and how important constituent engagement is to its successful implementation.
- Topic: Improving Constituent Engagement in Policy & Practice
- Date: Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019
- Time: 10:00am Pacific / 11:00am Mountain / 12:00pm Central / 1:00pm Eastern
- Register Here: https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/3295810690333694220
In this webinar, we will:
- Review the provisions of the Family First Prevention Services Act and engage with Council members on their recommendations on implementation
- Engage in a discussion with Council members about their experiences in raising their voices to influence, drive, and impact policy and practice change
- Discover the impact of the Council's work through the results of the 2018 Impact Evaluation
- Attendees will also have the opportunity to learn from each other, ask questions, and participate in a facilitated discussion
The National Foster Care Youth & Alumni Policy Council, a partnership project administered by FosterClub and Foster Care Alumni of America with support from Casey Family Programs, convenes to provide stakeholders with relevant and timely information from youth with lived experience in the child welfare system to inform policy.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
- View system requirements for participating.
Have questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.