The books below are good reads about foster care from the youth perspective. They might be about someone's foster care experience, about the system, or maybe just written by someone who was in the system at some time.
- Foster Girl: a Memoir, By Georgette Todd
- In Between, By Katie Parker
- To The End of June, By Chris Beam
- On their Own: What Happens to Kids When They Age-Out of the Foster Care System, By Martha Shirk
- Surviving the Storm: the Life of a Child in Foster Care, By Dr. Julia S. Charles (FosterClub Intern, 2006)
- Walk to Beautiful: The Power of Love and a Homeless Kid Who Found the Way, By Jimmy Wayne
- Three Little Words: A Memoir by Ashley Rhodes-Courter