May 12, 2020: Organizing partners sent the #UpChafee Letter to Congress today, urging policymakers to support older youth from foster care during #COVID19.
Read the full LETTER TO CONGRESS here: www.tinyurl.com/upchafeeletter
Here are the ASKS included in the letter:
- Increase Chafee Funding by 500 Million.
- Extend the Age of Eligibility for Chafee Aftercare Services to Age 23 for All Youth.
- Suspend Participation Requirements for Young People in Extended Foster Care.
- Place a Moratorium on Discharges from the Foster Care System for Youth Ages 18-21.
- Allow States to Draw Down Title IV-E funds until a Young Person Reaches Age 22.