Calling all youth leaders interested in public policy! Are you a youth who is motivated to effectively change public policy, or do you know of one who is!? If so then you should know that the National Federation of Families for Children’s Mental Health is providing a free training for youth leaders interested in public policy.
During four toll-free conference calls, you will learn about public policy analysis and develop skills needed to advocate for policy change. This training is for youth with mental, emotional, and/or behavioral health challenges, and is for you whether you know nothing about policy or you’ve been knocking down your state senator’s door for years. Because it will be a small group (8-10), it will be a comfortable setting for you to interact with other youth and with National Federation staff who work on public policy at the federal level. Read below for more information on what topics we will be covering during this training and the criteria needed to join.
These four calls will be an hour long each, and will be every Saturday at 3pm to 4pm EST. • February 27th: Your Government 101
• March 6th: Effective Policy Implementation
• March 13th: Strategic Sharing and Public Speaking
• March 20th: Communication with Community Leaders Criteria
• You are between the ages of 13 and 21.
• Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
• You should be able to commit to all 4 conference calls.