We believe Experience = Expertise.
The FosterClub AllStar Internship was founded on the belief that young people who have lived experience in foster care are the best positioned to impact their peers in foster care, and to become change agents to improve the foster care system. AllStars are recognized as leaders on a national scale, and their stories continue to affect policy and practice, significantly improving the lives of youth still in care.
Interns receive leadership training, help improve outcomes for youth transitioning out of care, educate peers and industry professionals, and change public perceptions about foster youth across the nation at conferences and events.
FosterClub's 2023 AllStar internship is a service and training opportunity for young people with lived experience in the foster care system. AllStars will learn to amplify perspectives of themselves and other young people in foster care through advocacy and activism to motivate their peers and use their own lived experience to affect systemic change.
The AllStar internship is a hybrid 6-week professional and personal development program that includes 2 weeks of in-person service training in Oregon.
(FosterClub will fly you to Oregon and you get to meet the rest of your fellow AllStars in person)
In order to apply, applicants must:
- Have first-hand experience in the child welfare system/foster care
- Be between the ages of 18 and 24 as of May 24, 2023
- Consent to being photographed
- Have the ability to obtain high-speed internet (telecom stipends are offered to AllStars to ensure adequate bandwidth is possible)
- Be able to travel for 2 weeks of training and service in Oregon
- Required travel dates: 06/11/23 - 06/25/23 Or 07/23/23 - 08/06/23
AllStar interns will receive
- A weekly living allowance ($500/wk during virtual weeks and $250/wk during in-person)
- End of internship bonus honorarium ($1,000)
- Telecom stipend ($60)
- Extensive practical leadership training
Two Cohorts of about 12 interns are split over 2 sessions:
AllStar Session A: May 24 - June 30 (Travel Dates: 06/11/23 - 06/25/23)
AllStar Session B: July 6 - August 11 (Travel Dates: 07/23/23 - 08/06/23)
Week 1: Welcome Week (Virtual)
Week 2: Learning FosterClub’s Way (Virtual)
Week 3: Creating an Impact through System Change (Virtual)
Week 4: Activating our inner SPARK (In Person In Oregon)
Week 5: Supporting Youth in Care (In Person In Oregon)
Week 6: A Good Goodbye (Virtual)
Throughout the year, AllStars are connected with other service and engagement opportunities.
Get in Touch:
- Register for a free FosterClub account for access to a community of foster youth, help finding resources, and get updates on programs and opportunities available to FosterClub members and youth in foster care.
- For more info contact [email protected] or call (503) 717-1552 extension 109.
Pass it on...
Please share this flyer with your network and any young adults who meet the application requirements.