Apply by February 15, 2022!
We believe Experience = Expertise.
The FosterClub All-Star Internship was founded on the belief that young people who have lived experience in foster care are the best positioned to impact their peers in foster care, and to become change agents to improve the foster care system. All-Stars are recognized as leaders on a national scale, and their stories continue to affect policy and practice, significantly improving the lives of youth still in care.
Interns receive leadership training, help improve outcomes for youth transitioning out of care, educate peers and industry professionals, and change public perceptions about foster youth across the nation at conferences and events.
In 2022, the All-Star Internship will follow an intensive 5-week format + 1 additional week during fall 2022 in DC:
- Week 1: Virtual Orientation
- Week 2: In-person, Orientation Continued
(We fly you to Oregon and you get to meet the rest of your fellow All-Stars in person)
- Week 3: Events (let's travel together to a thing and work with youth in/from care)
- Weeks 4-5: Projects and/or Events -completed remotely
- AND, one week in DC (planned for November 2022)
Throughout the year, you'll continue to receive opportunities for other paid opportunities, travel to events, and monthly team huddles.
24 All-Star interns are split over 2 sessions:
- Session A: June 13 - July 15
- Session B: July 11 - August 12
- A weekly living allowance
- End of internship bonus honorarium ($1,000)
- Cell phone and/or internet stipends
- Over 50+ hours of leadership training
Please note that for 2022, the All-Star internship will be hosted in a hybrid format meaning virtually & in person due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic.
In order to apply, youth must:
- Have first-hand experience in the child welfare system/foster care
- Be between the ages of 18 and 24 as of June 13, 2022.
- Be able to be photographed
- Have the ability to obtain high-speed internet (we will work with folks to ensure you have adequate bandwidth)
- Be able to travel for 1 week of training at FosterClub HQ in Seaside OR
- Be able to travel to multiple states for conferences/events
- Show proof of vaccination in order to travel (if you don't already have this, we can help you arrange!)
- Register for an account (it's FREE) to keep up-to-date on foster youth program opportunities!
- For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (503) 717-1552. Reach Ashlee directly at x106.