Applications open January 1st, 2019!
The FosterClub All-Star Internship was founded on the belief that youth who have successfully transitioned into young adulthood can have the largest impact on their peers. All-Stars are recognized as leaders on a national scale, and through their stories continue to affect policy and practice, significantly improving the lives of youth still in care.
Interns receive leadership training, help improve outcomes for youth transitioning out of care, educate peers and industry professionals, and change public perceptions about foster youth across the nation at conferences and events all summer long.
The All-Star internship begins with a 7-week training at FosterClub headquarters. After receiving summer training, All-Stars return home and continue to be connected to advocacy opportunities for a full year.
- 24 interns are split over 2 sessions
- Session A: May to July
- Session B: July to August
- Interns receive:
- Weekly living allowance
- Bonus end of session stipend
- Cell phone stipends
- Free housing during internship
- Travel to and from the internship
- Travel to and from nationwide events
- Cultural & recreational experiences
- Leadership training
In order to apply, youth must:
- Have firsthand experience in the child welfare system.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 24.
- Be responsible and require minimal supervision.
Be able to travel and be photographed.