About this resource
The recent Consolidated Appropriations Act set aside emergency relief for young people with foster care experience who are struggling because of the Pandemic. Each state is able to decide how the funds will be applied to the youth in their care.
In Indiana, there is no specific information about the remaining Pandemic Relief Funds. Indiana had three ways for current/former foster youth to access Pandemic Relief. Try one of the following options:
- Funding for transportation (max $4000).
- Here is a 3 page Guide on how to access the specific funds for transportation needs. Link for Transportation Guide.
- Increased funds through the Education & Training Voucher (more commonly called ETV)
- If in school or trying to get a vocational certificate, you can now use ETV funds for housing, transportation, or childcare
- PLEASE NOTE: you will be required to submit documentation showing your need
- Reentry into care until 23 if you are not already in an Older Youth Services program (OYS)
- If you are not in OYS, then you may be eligible for other services and programs
TO APPLY/FIND OUT ELIGIBILITY:
Young adults/youth need to contact a local Older Youth Services (OYS) provider to talk about enrollment. Please refer to This Map (linked) to find the best contact person for your area in Indiana.