About this resource
The recent Consolidated Appropriations Act set aside significant emergency relief for young people with foster care experience who are struggling right now because of the Pandemic. In Tennessee, eligible youth can apply for help with living expenses, such as rent, groceries, transportation, and education.
Tennessee has an application deadline of July 31, 2021. There are federal stimulus funds available to some of the young people who have been in foster care in Tennessee to assist with living expenses, such as rent, groceries, transportation, and education.
HOW TO APPLY
- If you are currently in Extension of Foster Care, contact your Independent Living Specialist or Youth Villages Specialist.
- If you are currently receiving Youth Villages LifeSet services, contact your LS Specialist.
- If not still working with an LS specialist, please fill out the application found at the website linked above (Tennessee Pandemic Relief Website)
- Scroll to the bottom until you find the application!
- If you were in foster care in Tennessee at the age of 14 or older and are currently 18-26
- Young adults also have the option to re-enter Extension of Foster Care to receive additional support services
- This applies if you aged out of foster care in Tennessee after January 27, 2020