About this resource
A Sense of Home (ASOH) creates first homes for youth who age out of the foster care system by bringing together virtually every segment of the community in doing social good while deriving great value in return.
- Applicants must not reside in transitional housing.
- Applicants must upload the copy of a fully executed residential lease agreement showing applicant’s name as the leasing party.
- Applicants must upload a copy of documentation showing that they have aged out of foster care. (Learn how to obtain documentation here).
- Applicants must be requesting assistance for their first home.
- Applicants must be working or going to school (or a combination of work and school) for at least 30 hours per week.
Here is our application for a home creation: https://
Please also send the following:
- Photos of the apartment including all windows, bathrooms, and bedrooms
- Ward of the Court/Minute order indicating that you were in the foster care system (Please see attached on how to get this information)
- Lease agreement with your name on it
- Please fill out the following waivers:
Once we get the application and documents we can proceed with making your house a home!
If you have any questions please e-mail Youth@aSenseofHome.org