Applications are CLOSED
Thank you for applying and sharing this opportunity with your networks!
Become a Program Support Intern (PSI)!
Want to gain professional experience working within a program of a non-profit organization? Interested in working with FosterClub's All-Star interns?
FosterClub is excited to announce that we have reformatted our Level 2 (L2) internship to become the Program Support Internship, and applications are now open!
This position shifts the focus from daily coordination of All-Stars, to include more time developing professional skills with staff and supporting FosterClub's various programs.
Program Support Intern (PSI):
- Works with FosterClub staff to focus on developing professional skills and experience.
- Work with the assigned manager (Outreach, Training, Policy) to increase the capacity of the department.
- Work with Young Leaders department to meaningfully provide perspective and leadership to the All-Star Program.
- Session A (8 weeks) May 20 - July 12
- Session B (8 weeks) July 8 - Aug 30
- Session A & B (15 weeks) May 20 - Aug 30
PSIs will receive:
- Weekly honorarium of $300
- End of internship honorarium
- ONE session $700 (total earned $3,100)
- BOTH sessions $1,500 (total earned $6,000)
- Cell phone stipends
- Free housing during the internship
- Travel to and from the internship and nationwide events
- Successfully completed the All-Star Internship (preference is given to 2017 or earlier)
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Passionate about FosterClub's mission, vision, and work
- Demonstrates cultural competency and dedication to equity
- Demonstrates resilience and ability to see adversity as a potential for growth
- Ability to actively absorb new information and put it into practice effectively
What hasn't changed...
- Mentoring opportunities with All-Stars
- Free travel and housing during the internship
- Cultural and recreational experiences with All-Stars and FosterClub Staff
- Gain an advanced understanding of the child welfare system
- Professional development and networking opportunities
- Reuniting with FosterClub staff and the Oregon Coast
Three positions available...
Our Outreach department's mission is to connect all foster youth to FosterClub, inform young people of their rights, connect them with resources, and link them to a community so they can thrive.
The Outreach team collects and provides resources to youth, assists with NYTD survey, and works on health issues impacting youth nationwide.
Our Policy department's mission is to identify policy opportunities and support young people in leveraging their lived expertise to educate and inform stakeholders at the state and federal level.
The Policy team informs the larger FosterClub network of calls-to-action.
Our Training & Education department's mission is to elevate the voices of current and former foster youth through the development and distribution of educational materials to young people who have experienced foster care and their adult supporters.
The Training & Education team develops and implements youth informed trainings, events, and widely distributed curriculum and publications.