Here are the rules FosterClub follows to protect your privacy.
- FosterClub DOES encourage parents to explore FosterClub with you.
- FosterClub DOES monitor all messages, postings, and other submissions.
- FosterClub DOES publish messages, postings, and other submissions on the Web site.
- FosterClub DOES ask for user name on certain submissions. This is so FosterClub can publish these stories and is able to reach you in case there is a question about your submission or to send you a prize.
- FosterClub DOES share general survey information with our partners and clients. We do NOT share the real names of young people. When sharing this information, we may share screen names, state, and ages only.
- FosterClub DOES NOT share or sell your registration information to anyone outside of the staff. All registration information is kept private.
- FosterClub DOES NOT publish last names, addresses, phone numbers, or any other information that identifies who you are. All this information will be deleted from messages and other postings on the site.
- FosterClub DOES NOT use its mailing list to send junk mail or "spam." We only use the list to mail out the FosterClub newsletter and e-mail updates about new content on FosterClub or to supply information you have requested.
1. Information You Choose to Provide
In order to gain access to certain areas of our site or to use certain features of our site, you may choose to provide information. If you do submit information to us, we will use that information for the purposes for which it was submitted. For example:
- If you join one of our e-mail lists, our third-party vendor will have a record of your e-mail address. We will only use your e-mail address to send you the information you requested.
- If you register as a member of FosterClub, we ask only for your "username", your sex, your age, your state, and what role you have in foster care. We will have a record of all of this information and we will use it only to allow you to interact with our site and for general statistical purposes.
- We will receive any other information you choose to provide, such as e-mail questions, answers to polls, feedback, articles or other materials you submit.
In addition to the uses described above, FosterClub reserves the right to share information you provide (including any identifying information you provide) with legal authorities if it is, in our sole opinion, necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected fraud, situation involving threats or potential harm to the safety of any person or property, or if required by law (such as if required by a subpoena, court orders or other legal means).
2. Submission of Materials and Information by Users
When you submit a question, article, or other material to FosterClub through the website, you are authorizing FosterClub to read it, edit it, publish it on the website or any of our future publications and authorize other organizations to publish it. This means your submission can be read all over the world and downloaded and copied, as well as in other on-line or off-line forms. If you don't want your question, article or other materials to be posted and read by others, do not submit it. All of the material you submit must be your own creation — not copied from someone or something else. Once a submission is published on the Web site, FosterClub may take it down for any or no reason.
3. E-mail Lists
Once you submit your e-mail address, it will be managed by FosterClub. If you want to unsubscribe from any mailing list, please follow the directions on the bottom of the e-mail. If you choose to unsubscribe, FosterClub will maintain a copy of your e-mail address for our records.
4. Information Automatically Collected and Stored
As is true of most websites you enter, we automatically collect and store some information about your computer and your visit and store it in log files. This information includes your computer's (or your ISP's) Internet Protocol (IP) address (this is not your e-mail address); the domain from which you access the Internet (e.g., "AOL.com" or "msn.com"); the name, version, and specifications of your computer and your computer's operating system; the Internet address of the website, if any, from which you came to our site; the date and time you arrived at our site and how long you spent on the site; and which pages you visited. We use this information to formulate statistics (possibly with the help of outside experts) that show the number of visitors to the different sections of our site and to help us make our site more useful to you. For example, we use the browser information to help us design our Web site so that as many people as possible will be able to view the pages correctly. These statistics do not reveal personal information.
We use session cookies on FosterClub.com to allow use of certain features only by members, to track the number of times you have used a certain feature and to keep track of unique visitors to the pages of FosterClub.com. If you register or login as a member of FosterClub.com, we place a session cookie on your computer so that you can use certain features of our site that are accessible only to members.
6. Your Help Is Needed
Although FosterClub.com does its best to protect your privacy on our site, we need your help.
- You have control over your own privacy. Think carefully before providing any personal information. When you write to us or send us a submission to publish on the site, do not tell us your name, the name of other users, or of your friends. In fact, try to keep out any information that you think may identify you or others
- No e-mail or web transmission is completely secure against interception. If you are worried because your communication is very sensitive, do not send it via e-mail or submit it online. Click here for additional ways to contact us.
- In addition to the records left on your computer by cookies, your browser and operating system contain other records of your Web browsing and other actions (e.g., browser history). As with cookies, you can find information about how to clear these history trails in your browser's "Help" section or through other Web sites that provide detailed information for each browser and operating system.
If you have any questions about FosterClub privacy policies, please contact us.