FosterClub is hiring a Project Manager for California.
1. Contractual Terms
Position: 6 month contract with extension dependent upon funding
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Working Hours: Full time 40 hours per week
Location: California, with preference in the surrounding areas of Sacramento or Bay Area (Los Angeles and/or Orange County area also considered)
Travel: May include travel to Seaside, Oregon Headquarters
Probation: 3 months
Leave: 15 days per year (pro-rated to start date) (in addition to FosterClub holidays) increasing with length of service
2. Essential Requirements
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrated experience with project management, including planning, implementing, and reporting functions.
- Develop written project proposals that include goals, objectives, timelines, budgets and resources needed.
Experience developing and implementing work plans for projects, including:
- identifying stakeholders,
- identifying and acquiring needed resources,
- developing and tracking project budgets,
- mobilizing project partners,
- and ensuring that timeline projections are met.
- Skilled at performing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Candidate should be very self-motivated and able to work independently and take initiative.
- A proactive professional who can work with minimal supervision and in a team, elevate issues as needed, and overcome challenges.
- Experience, interest and aptitude to work with both young people
- Ability to network and partner with community of practice professionals as a liaison in a professional and collaborative manner.
- Enthusiastic about working in the topic area of education for foster youth.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and other project management software tools.
- Willingness to travel (up to 25% time), personal transportation and driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- First-hand experience with foster care, such as an alumni of the system.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Education, Public Policy, or other relevant area.
- 3 years of experience working in related area such as child welfare and/or in an educational field.
- Experience with the development and delivery of curriculum and training materials.
- Positive youth development experience and understanding of youth adult partnerships.
- Experience with using new technology, including Facebook, IM, blogging sites, etc.
- Previous work in the area of education for at-risk populations/with foster children or youth.
- Detail-oriented, experienced with logistics or event planning.
- A candidate who is passionate about our cause.
- An understanding and interest in overcoming the challenges facing youth in care in pursuing educational goals.
4. Application Process
- Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter to Erika Hamer at: Erika@fosterclub.com
- Due to limited resources FosterClub will only contact shortlisted employees
- At the interview, candidates will meet with some of the wider FosterClub team and will be expected to complete a short written assessment test
- Any offer made will be conditional on receipt of 2 written references (from your most recent employer and a character reference).
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a background check prior to a final offer being made
Start date: ASAP