Outreach and Resource Referral Program Manager. Start date: ASAP
Background & Description of the Role
FosterClub is the national network for young people in foster care. The FosterClub mission is to lead the efforts of young people in and from foster care to become connected, educated, inspired and represented so they can realize their personal potential and contribute to a better life for their peers. Our small-but-mighty team of professional staff guide a network of 500 young leaders in achieving great things in our program areas, including membership, policy and system change, training and education, and young leaders.
FosterClub is a non-profit organization that serves foster youth across the country. We are building a movement to connect young people in foster care so they can improve their own lives, improve outcomes for their peers, and elevate their voices to reform the U.S. foster care system. Our non-profit will celebrate its 17-year anniversary this year and we are headquartered in Seaside, Oregon. Learn more at www.fosterclub.org.
Compensation: DOE, range 16.50 - 20.00 / hr
Working Hours: Half time (20 hours per week). Potential for FT in the future.
Location: Seaside, Oregon
Probation: 6 months
Paid time off: 15 days per year (pro-rated to HT and start date) increasing with length of service, plus 11 paid holidays (pro-rated to HT).
Travel: May include travel to implementation sites, up to 25% time.
As a member of our small team, you will play an integral part in our organization. We are looking for a competent Program Manager to undertake FosterClub's Outreach and Resource Referral department. This position will supervise two staff. The department is responsible for the organization's effort to outreach to young people in (and transitioning out of) foster care, and to provide referrals to resources that help foster youth succeed (such as internships, housing assistance, health care information, and more). This position is best suited for a candidate who is energetic and likes working with young people, comfortable supervising others, experienced in building community partnerships, and demonstrates skills ranging from marketing to managing data.
* Demonstrated experience with project management, including (but not limited to) planning, implementing, budget management and reporting functions
* Demonstrated experience with people management / supervision
* Experience, interest and/or aptitude to work with young people
* Ability to work with data and databases
* Experience with Microsoft Office
* Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written and verbal)
* Strong organization skills
* Customer service skills
* Time management, including ability to stick to and meet deadlines
* Self motivated, but not afraid to ask questions
* Ability to work with a diverse population
* Ability to be flexible and adjust to changing organizational needs
* Willingness to travel (25% time, up to 50% time during summer months), must have valid drivers license
* Background check
* Telecommuting is not allowed
Skills and Experience we'd be excited to hear if you have: (we understand that it is unlikely that any candidate will have all of these at the time of recruitment but they must be able to learn them quickly on the job):
* First-hand experience with the foster care system, such as an alumni of the system
* A candidate who is passionate about our cause
* Experience with the development and delivery of curriculum
* Positive youth development experience
* Experience with social media including Facebook, IM, blogging, etc
* Grant writing experience
* Event planning and assistance
* Experience booking travel
* Web/I.T. background
* FosterClub is committed to building a culturally diverse work environment. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, LGBTQ community and veterans are encouraged to apply. Applicants are requested to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal.
* Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter to: HR@fosterclub.com
* Due to limited resources FosterClub will only contact shortlisted employees
* Interviews will begin as applications come in and candidates are shortlisted
* At the interview, candidates will meet with some of the wider FosterClub team and will be expected to complete a short written assessment test
* Any offer made will be conditional on receipt of two written references (from your most recent employer and a character reference).
* The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a background check prior to a final offer being made
* Start date: ASAP