The North American Council on Adoptable Children (NACAC) hosted a luncheon in honor of NACAC's 2016 award winners. It's a select list of foster youth, supportive adults, activists, and organizations that were recognized.
FosterClub had one staff member along with our Chairwoman of the Board celebrating awards this year.
- Nicole Dobbins, Chairwoman of the Board, is being honored as a 2016 Child Advocate of the Year.
- George White, Policy Specialist in Washington D.C., is being hornored as a 2016 Youth Advocate of the Year.
"I am extremely humbled to be honored as the North American Council on Adoptable Children's Youth Advocate of the Year. It provides me great joy to work with such an amazing team at FosterClub helping young people discover their voices and providing them with the agency as well as opportunity to be community leaders and outstanding advocates for change." ~George White
2016 NACAC Award Winners
Child Advocates of the Year
Friend of Children and Youth
Youth Advocate of the Year
- George White, Compton Center for Black Life and Fostering Change, California
Parent Groups of the Year
Adoption Resource Centers of Missouri
managed by: Midwest Foster Care and Adoption Association, the Foster and Adoptive Care Coalition, and Central Missouri Foster Care and Adoption Association
- James M. Henry, Office of the Governor, Tennessee
- Mary Lee, Esq, Youth Villages, Tennessee
- April Snell, Tennessee Department of Children’s Services