Always b there's picture

It has been two months now since my three grandchildren, ages 10, 7, and 4 have been removed from my daughter's custody. This removal represents a tremendous loss to me and I struggle to find ways to deal with this situation. My daughter and son-in-law hope to regain custody of their children, but so far it's not looking promising.
I haven't seen the kids in two months and I have no idea what to expect in the future. I'm struggling through this alone.
There seems to be no help, no resource for grieving grandparents. I try to attend all the court hearings and the judge was kind, she reminded me that the first priority is to return the children to the parents if possible. While I understand this fact, I still want to find a way to deal with this loss and all my concerns for the kids who are in three separate homes in three separate cities. I know that none of what is going on makes sense to them. They are normal, lively kids who had no way of knowing that they would be removed from their parents, their home, their pets, grandparents, all that was familiar to them.
Does anyone have any suggestions for how in the world I can deal with this change and make some sort of plans for the future? I would send them cards or gifts if I could.
Any suggestions or helpful thoughts would be so much appreciated.

Communicate

Mutoman's picture

Have you talked with the children's caseworker? You should be able to request visitation; you should also be able to give gift cards to their caseworker to pass on. I bet the children would love a letter or note from grandma.