Permanency is having

gobucks33's picture

Permanency is having unconditional support, someone to help guide you through your teenage and young adult years. Someone who cares for you and cares about your future and wants to help you succeed.

permanency

davidcornelius's picture

permanency means having people or a person to call your own, through thick and thin.

Permanency

Miriammyers's picture

It is important to let your child know that you will be there for them, not just in good times, but in the difficult ones too. It is important to be consistent when you are first forming the relationship with your child. Make sure your child know through your words that you will be there for them, but most importantly through your actions.

Permanency

UpsDave's picture

Permanency is a feeling of no matter what happens a child can rely on someone. It needs to be intentional on the adult side to always make the child feel welcome. It takes time and consistency to build the trust that is required for permanency.

Permanency

mcondon's picture

I would explain how liberating permanency can be. They would feel like they "belong" instead of feeling like guests.

Permanency

readingshermaine's picture

Permanency planning should be individualized and should honor the unique experiences and needs of youth aging out of care. The youth involved should be provided with tools and resources which allow them to define both legal and relational permanency in ways they will experience as most supportive in life.

Life time

linneacnord's picture

Permanency should not be taken lightly and should be entered into with an open heart and mind after a joint decision between the adult and child. It should be a loving and safe place for the child, even once an adult, to come back to.

Life time

linneacnord's picture

Permanency should not be taken lightly and should be entered into with an open heart and mind after a joint decision between the adult and child. It should be a loving and safe place for the child, even once an adult, to come back to.

Permanancy

andrewlr76's picture

Permanency is always having a family to be a part of. Having a feeling of security that you will always be a part of that family.

permanency

jackie's picture

permanency should be a life time bond made up on unconditional love in good time of bad time and always have a good and safe place to lay you head it should be a safe enviorment and healthy. Having a family to call your own

Permanency

Cjbishop25's picture

I would explain to them that no matter what happens they would always have a place/person to turn to. That they will have help and support with anything they need, provide them with guidance and help hands on or emotional support for any task or obstacle they may encounter through out there entire life.

Permanency

bethanc12's picture

Permanency is the feeling that no matter what you have a place to land and people to "land with".

Permanence

TheJLedQ35's picture

Permanency is having the support you need to always be willing to provide help in any way possible- unconditional love

What Permanence means to me

Desiree9157's picture

I would explain that it means providing a child with unconditional love even if they are not your biological child as well as providing them with a safe, healthy environment as well as providing them with the encouragement and love a child needs from a parent in order to succeed in life and know that they are not alone and that you are not going to leave.

What Permanence means to me

Desiree9157's picture

for me.. it means providing a child with unconditional love even if they are not your biological child as well as providing them with a safe, healthy environment as well as providing them with the encouragement and love a child needs from a parent in order to succeed in life and know that they are not alone and that you are not going to leave.

Permanency

lpumel's picture

I would explain permanency as a place, a person that is there no matter what, unconditional love, no matter what you do or don't do, I will always. always be there for you. Provide that place that no matter where you have been, or where you go, or how long you have been away, when you walk in the door, no judgement, only love, acceptance, a place you belong, always. your heart is my heart, our heart is home.

permanency

mromanrn1975's picture

knowing that you will always have someone who loves you unconditionally and you can count on.

Permanency

kimblumenthal's picture

It is a lifetime bond and commitment with unconditional love and understanding that things will never be perfect, that you have to hang in there through the good and bad times, that the home will always be a home for them and ththeir children, and that you will always be there for them, no matter what. The permanency pact let's them have some say and control.

Permanence

tamullins's picture

Permanence is a lifetime commitment to open your heart and your home to a youth to give them a forever family connection.

permanency

fullypacled01's picture

I agree. It is a lifetime bond with unconditional love and understanding that things will never be perfect, that you have to hang in there through the good and bad times, that the home will always be a home for them and their children, and that you will always be there for them, no matter what

permanency

fullypacled01's picture

I agree. It is a lifetime bond with unconditional love and understanding that things will never be perfect, that you have to hang in there through the good and bad times, that the home will always be a home for them and their children, and that you will always be there for them, no matter what

permanency

fullypacled01's picture

Explaining Permanence to a Foster Child

ammovsg's picture

I would emphasize the fact that they finally have a home with people who will love them unconditionally, who will be there to support them through thick and thin and most of all know that someone is always there to support them no matter what.

New Law tell States to seek Normally; For foster children.

Rosie Philion Henry's picture

I would let my foster children know that I will always be there for them.. No matter what may happen in there life.

Permanency

Chewfam3's picture

Is a life long commitment to always be there in good, or in struggling times, someone that always will be there thrue child /adult hood . It's a home to go to for holidays , or when times are hard , it's having someone to call for advice or help with a search for an apartment , employment , help with health , how to manage a home , finances , help babysit when they have children of their own eventually , and the list goes on .
Someone that will never stop loving them and never gives up on them

Forever family that will

AmyWhiteside's picture

Forever family that will always be there for you no matter what may happen in this life

Be available

wlalonde's picture

Explain to them that we are always there for them no matter what!

Permanency

Heidi Russell's picture

It's where you feel that you belong, with people you can trust that will be there for you.

Permanency

keslarzmom's picture

Agreed. They need someone who won't give up on them. Someone who will love and support them. No matter what happens along the way.

Permanency

Lsmalls's picture

I would tell the child or young adult, that I am there for them, I would assure them that every effort on their success will be a joint effort between them and I and all the resource that I can get as well as provide. I would walk them threw everything that's is need for their success. And all be honest with them.

permanency

Melgoza626's picture

i believe permanency is a beautiful thing it means that a child has found its rightful family and no longer needs to be on the move to me a child is established.

Permanency

drwatt23's picture

I like this concept. Everyone even adults need to feel they have someone they can go to.Not just for a season but when ever life struggles show its face. A strong support system helps us all.

Permanency Pact/Meaning

CandTW's picture

I love the idea of the youth choosing the adults for their permanency pact. So much is outside of our realm of control, but we know in whom we find permanency. They are the people who love us with a healthy love that shows us that we make mistakes, but we are not a mistake. They are the people who will feed us or clothe us when we are struggling , who will lend an ear when we need a listener or open their arms and hold us when only tears will explain all that is inside our heart. They also will sew up their advice inside a package they know we will open because they know us, love us and want what is best for us in the long run of life.

Permanency is a bound for

Michael1951's picture

Permanency is a bound for life. No matter what happens. Good and bad. You don't let go

Welcome to my home!

Noodles's picture

Feeling loved!

Permenancy

katiebrew's picture

We are committed to love and stand beside the youth as one of our own.

Permanency

Sheralzeno's picture

I would explain to them that permanency means I am committed to them for the long haul. I would vow to love, cherish, support, encourage, direct, & listen to them until my natural expiration on earth.

Explaining Permanency

kmartin3709's picture

I would let them know that I would provide for their needs emotionally, spiritually, and physically. They would know that I would never abandon them and I would always be a place of refuge for them.

Permanency

mimartin53's picture

I would tell them that permanecy means that I would always be there fror them no matter what the circumstances. They could rely on me for the love, care ,and support they needed throughout their lives. I will guide them, laught with them and cry with them on their journey through life.

Permanency

Cherokee48's picture

I would let them know that they will have stability, love, attention,patience and understanding. That they will always be cared for and have a go.e to come to.

Explanation

rmartinez's picture

Permanence means having a place where you can go, where you can feel loved and safe

permanency

bclickwar's picture

I would let them know its what is best for them and I will always be here for them no matter what

Permanency is

GMorgan's picture

Permanency is support, stability and a place to call home.

Permanency

BillandAmyLittlefield's picture

Having had previous foster children who either aged out or returned to their biological families after leaving foster care, we talk about permanency as they can still contact us any time day/night and we will help them no matter how old they get. Several of them now have children of their own and they live states away from us, yet we get the middle of the night phones calls, text messages, instant messages on Facebook that they have questions or need ideas on how to deal with things. We travel to see them as if they were still in our care and treat them still as our children and part of our family, and their children as our grandchildren now. Permanency is that they will always have a place in your heart and mind and you will always remember them and think of them. They need to know that as much as you have impacted their lives, they will continue to impact yours. Remind them that even as they are grown, you are thankful for meeting them and being able to be a part of their lives. Family isn't blood, family is choice and we choose to remain linked to our family no matter how old, mature, or physically far away from us they are. Those kids have impacted our lives too and we are grateful for them.

permanency

mullen0928's picture

It is a place not only to call home but it is a safe haven, a place to feel love, get stability, and most of all a place to be yourself.

I would explain permanency to

kaylado91's picture

I would explain permanency to a youth by explaining that they would have a permanent home to always come home too. They would have somewhere they can feel safe and secure and know that no matter what they do, they will always be loved.

What permanence means

lizcasement's picture

I would tell a young person in foster care that permanence means you have at least one adult that you know you can depend on regardless of your circumstances, emotions or mistakes. Permanence is marked by unconditional love and acceptance from a family, which can be one parent, two parents and/or an entire army of biological, adopted or foster siblings, aunts and uncles!

Permanence

aweaver's picture

Permanence means you have an adult or entire family who is there for you no matter what. They provide advice, share meals with you, listen to you, celebrate with you, and support you in all your endeavors. You have their unconditional love, even when you mess up or don't give it back in return.

Explaining permanence

Laura's picture

Permanency is always having a safe place to land. It can be legal, as through adoption, or it can just be choosing someone to be part of your world, and loving them unconditionally as such.

True story of permanency!

Rick Daniel's picture

I tend to communicate with kids (biological, grandkids, foster and neighborhood) by using pictures that can be referred to. Describing permanency, I'd talk about baseball, actually, home plate. My description would tell of how home plate would always be there, whether you struck out or hit a home run. Imagine, standing at home plate, facing what life pitches at you, even when swinging at new adventures, home plate would always be a safe plate. Even if you'd hit a grand slam in life, you'd be cheered when you crossed all of life's bases, but the loudest cheer would come when you reach home plate, safely.