Notice: Forum posts will not be published until they have been approved by FosterClub staff.

Permanency

lancedoze's picture

Family...unconditional LOVE...

Permanency

KGillespie's picture

Having a place to go to no matter what happens or is going on in life that will always welcome you.

Permanency.....

Wilma Byrd's picture

Permanency for the child and parent, always having each other, always being a family no matter what.

Permanency

Saleemah815's picture

I would explain it as since I am their mothers sister, it is my job as their aunt to step in and take care of them until their mom is in a position to do so herself.

Permanency

Jay Summers's picture

A place you can call home where you feel you belong as a part of that family.

Permanence

Faith2017's picture

Permanence is the feeling of belonging to a family that will support you throughout your life.

Permanency

BevSummers's picture

I would describe permanency to my foster children as a sense of belonging with unconditional love that is pure.

Permanence

amysweaver's picture

Permanence can be relational and/or legal. It is a never ending connection where a child feels trust, safe, love, stability, wanted forever.

Permanence

FosterPandNurse's picture

Permanence is a sense of complete security, unconditional love, and belonging. A place to call home, a place that will always be there when you have no where to go or you're looking for help. Permanence is associated with trust, and bonds that cannot be broken.

Permance

mslessinger's picture

It means forever. Forever a bond, commitment, love, etc.

Permanence

ahoke21474's picture

Our adoption was our plan to get our family together after lost of family members and permanence is the key to this.

Permanency

Kaaron07's picture

Permanency means knowing you are not alone and you are loved--you have a support system, a safety net to fall on when you need it, a place to call home.

Permanency

Kaaron07's picture

Permanency means knowing you are not alone and you are loved--you have a support system, a safety net to fall on when you need it, a place to call home.

Permanency means to be there

josegonzalez1011's picture

Permanency means to be there in all times, no matter how bad, a place that can be called their true home in which they can come and seek comfort and will receive it as necessary.

Home

mariaguilen1011's picture

permanence means not ever wondering if you are ever going to find your forever family rather it means stability, unconditional love and a place to always call home.

Permanacy

qlpeterson's picture

Permanacy meaning not wondering if you will always have a family. Permanacy meaning stability and unconditional love unconditional support unconditional family.

Permanency

clear00007's picture

Permanency is such an import part to a child's life especially one who's aging out of Foster Care it is the ultimate feeling of support and security.

Permanency

clear00007's picture

Permanency is such an import part to a child's life especially one who's aging out of Foster Care it is the ultimate feeling of support and security.

Permanency is life long

Jkeme's picture

Permanency is life long commitment

Permanency

debralongo's picture

I would explain to the foster youth that permanency is stability in a family setting. It is when you have trust and dependability in a family member that you can count on no matter what and will be accepted.

permanence

thepadgetts's picture

Permanency is a commitment to a youth to make them be a part of your family, to care for them, guide them and make sure they have all they need to become well adjusted individuals who have all the tools they need to succeed in life.

permanence

thepadgetts's picture

Permanency is a commitment to a youth to make them be a part of your family, to care for them, guide them and make sure they have all they need to become well adjusted individuals who have all the tools they need to succeed in life.

Permanence

djhamilton0108's picture

I would tell the foster youth permanence is when you have a family/family member you can trust and depend on. Its when you have that family to help you learn and grow and place, even one within a person, to call home.

Explaining permanence

djhamilton's picture

I would explain permanence to a foster youth as a relationship. One in which you have a person you can trust, depend on to be there for you not just in the bad, but to also celebrate the good. It is being in a relationship where you feel like you belong and are accepted and unconditionally loved. Permanence can be found in someone who is willing to be a life-time connection. It can be an individual or it can be a group of people, or a family.

Permanency is mostly about

Tricia49841's picture

Permanency is mostly about being there for the youth, even when they aren't living in your home any longer

permancy

dtbower2003's picture

The family when you don't need one. I left home at 16. When I left my home, I did not go into the foster system or even become part of the system. I just was on my own and I became estranged from my family. Even today at 40, I start to feel small feelings of I "I am missing a family". My kids do not have the same "grandparent" relationship that others do. We do not have the same supports that other families have from a grandparent family extension. I sometimes feel a little sad for my two boys, but at the end of the day, my husband and I have each other, and our boys, so I do not need to feel sorry for us, we are very blessed in other ways. But, I can certainly relate to the lack of "permancy" in the idea of family, and how it feels to be an adult without the connection. Not the legal document aspect of it, although I can see how that would sometimes, for some, help solidify the feelings of belonging.

Permanency

roxwhite123's picture

I would describe permanency as a binding, lifelong commitment between them and a caring adult. Its creating a relationship with a supportive adult that gives them a sense of belonging, stability, and security.

Permanency

YAYA2's picture

Love, affection, time, attention, enforcing security, safety. Support from love ones, friends and the community.

Permanence

monicatoejam's picture

Permanence means a lot of things, some of them being, somewhere you feel at home and feel like the people there have unconditional love for you.

Permanency

Ankromfamily1's picture

I would describe permanency as unconditional love and support through their entire lives, a bond that can't be broken. We can disapprove of people's choices sometimes, but that doesn't mean they are no longer our family members, and permanency is the same thing.

Permanency is

robmiller's picture

Having a relationship with family that goes beyond the childhood years into adulthood. A relationship that is supportive, safe, and loving. Being there for each other through the good and the bad times.

Permanency

kellibartee's picture

I would explain it to them as stability. Knowing that without a doubt they are safe, wanted, respected and loved. I try to make sure that all my children feel as though they belong. I do this by allowing them to make decisions about their life with us; such as decorating their room, taking them on vacations, and allowing them to have an active voice in family discussions and decisions. I also try to make sure they are comfortable, with me, with the other members of the family.

Treat like your own

shankennedy's picture

The biggest thing I've heard is listening. While communicating is necessary, it really is how you listen and react to them. Making the children a part of your life as though they are your children. Being a single foster mom with no kids of my own, I treat foster kids as my kids. They get to have a family with myself and those in my extended family (sometimes, whether they want it or not).

Giving them your undivided

refrazi's picture

Giving them your undivided attention, unconditional support. Showing them that you love them and telling them that. Just been there for them, letting them cry on your shoulder

Permanency

kfisher6's picture

Life long love, care, and support.

What Permanence means to me

PatPlez123's picture

Permanency is having unconditional support, stability, and long lasting love for someone that you are willing to help guide through the years to a child, teenager or young adult. As well as someone who cares for you and wants to see you succeed in life.

PatPlez123's picture

Permanency is having unconditional support, stability, and long lasting love for someone that you are willing to help guide through the years to a child, teenager or young adult. As well as someone who cares for you and wants to see you succeed in life.

PatPlez123's picture

Permanency is having

gobucks33's picture

Permanency is having unconditional support, someone to help guide you through your teenage and young adult years. Someone who cares for you and cares about your future and wants to help you succeed.

permanency

davidcornelius's picture

permanency means having people or a person to call your own, through thick and thin.

Permanency

Miriammyers's picture

It is important to let your child know that you will be there for them, not just in good times, but in the difficult ones too. It is important to be consistent when you are first forming the relationship with your child. Make sure your child know through your words that you will be there for them, but most importantly through your actions.

Permanency

UpsDave's picture

Permanency is a feeling of no matter what happens a child can rely on someone. It needs to be intentional on the adult side to always make the child feel welcome. It takes time and consistency to build the trust that is required for permanency.

Permanency

mcondon's picture

I would explain how liberating permanency can be. They would feel like they "belong" instead of feeling like guests.

Permanency

readingshermaine's picture

Permanency planning should be individualized and should honor the unique experiences and needs of youth aging out of care. The youth involved should be provided with tools and resources which allow them to define both legal and relational permanency in ways they will experience as most supportive in life.

Life time

linneacnord's picture

Permanency should not be taken lightly and should be entered into with an open heart and mind after a joint decision between the adult and child. It should be a loving and safe place for the child, even once an adult, to come back to.

Life time

linneacnord's picture

Permanency should not be taken lightly and should be entered into with an open heart and mind after a joint decision between the adult and child. It should be a loving and safe place for the child, even once an adult, to come back to.

Permanancy

andrewlr76's picture

Permanency is always having a family to be a part of. Having a feeling of security that you will always be a part of that family.

permanency

jackie's picture

permanency should be a life time bond made up on unconditional love in good time of bad time and always have a good and safe place to lay you head it should be a safe enviorment and healthy. Having a family to call your own

Permanency

Cjbishop25's picture

I would explain to them that no matter what happens they would always have a place/person to turn to. That they will have help and support with anything they need, provide them with guidance and help hands on or emotional support for any task or obstacle they may encounter through out there entire life.

Permanency

bethanc12's picture

Permanency is the feeling that no matter what you have a place to land and people to "land with".

Pages