fostergap.org-DENVER's picture

Hi I am the director and advocate/mentor of Foster Gap. We are just starting out in Denver and have 2 more openings for foster youth ages 12-24. We ask for a year commitment minimum where we will serve you as a mentor/friend/life coach....and will be an ongoing relationship to you as long as you choose after the initial year. Through a structured personalized goal specific planning process we come along side you and help you to find the resources and the passion to really achieve the best life possible. From the mundane life skills to the BIG DREAMS you didnt know you even had, we want to help youth to connect and navigate their transition in a way that is safe , yet not shortselling their potential. We do not discriminate for your "problematic" behaviors as other programs do. You dont have to be perfect to be a great candidate, actually THAT IS the best one. The one that needs us the most is the one who other govt programs exclude. Runaway, school issues, legal issues, even incarcerated youth are all welcome to our program. If you are ready to commit to us we will commit to you. We are not a living situation, but we will help you to find a safe stable home if you are homeless, we will get you mobile, get you work and get you heading in the direction of a better life. That better life you were promised is still within your reach. If you are willing to get up and try. We want to be your hand up. Call me anytime 24/7, Start tomorrow! We only have 2 spots left! First come first served and others will be waitlisted, so check it out.

www.fostergap.org Im Lora, 720-492-2117,

I am not a typical worker, not judgemental just really want to help, I am the real deal. Im a fighter and I'm dangerously commited and loyal, Ill meet you where you are and get you where you need to be, ...............happy.

You are loved, never forgotten.

AttachmentSize
122.png57.35 KB

AGING OUT IN DENVER

GERTRUDE73's picture

IF THE AGED
OUT TEEN WANT HELP IT IS THERE.

yes, and now they have more help

Lj fostergap.org's picture

I dont understand your replies. Seems some hostility may be behind the posted replies. Id love to talk with you if there is something you would like to clarify. Today as we speak 54 children are "missing" from care in my state, COLORADO. Runaways, most likely These children and many others DO NOT receive the "help they need"
Not every "help" available to them is help that specific individual may need. I'd disagree on the statement that its there if they need it, personally, I dont see that. I see alot of "reforms" that fail to LISTEN to the needs of the children. So the help they receive may be well intentioned but it lacks the insight or ability for full engagement. Its not the help that's inadequate....I believe its simply impossible to systematically address a human condition. I am a human, I am not the sytem. This is my passion and Im good at what I do.
We are not here to duplicate the system. Our organization is a mentoring and philanthropic organization. We offer a relationship and I truly care and will not give up onfit anyone. The restrictions to recieve the "help " you speak of is automatically cutting off those who need it the most. We are in the mind that yes, financial assistance is needed, housing and stability transportation. But our goal is not to "connect kids to services" we can do that, but we would rather help a youth navigate through there first days in the real world, learn where the barriers are, focus on growth and inspireing them to dream BIG! once the needs are assessed and the basic care needs are met, we will be there for them and provide the support they need to eventually reach full independance. No welfare no loans to pay off. My partner and I are financially fit citizens. He is a sucessful Business Owner that has a wealth of knowledge the youth benefit from, along with the community conections to help youth support themselves by themselves, with a bit of hard work and creativity, they will have the life they deserve. So you say they can get help if they want it. Maybe they dont want that help. I dont blame them. I wouldnt either. At 18, freedom is so appealing and the system has failed so badly, they jet as soon as possible. See, I understand. I dont draw a salary, this is my heart, I will and have helped youth reach their full potential. Its in the personal connection, the relationship, the loyalty and love I have. No system or service or treatment, no matter how good it is, its not the help they need, we may not be either, but we are here, we will try. And there is a need. I am sorry if this is offensive to you, but I am here 24/7....call me, Id love to chat and see your side of this. I wish you all HAPPY THANKSGIVING.....if you are in denver and need a "fill in" family this Thanksgiving, come stay with us, we would love to host you. Dont stay alone, stay inside, in a safe happy house. Just me and my daughter, you will have a seperate space you can stay if your dorm is closed or you just need friends we are fun and you will be welcomed. We have one room free, twin bed comfy cozy locked door room for privacy. Offer if for this week and you would be welcome to stay until break is over. Call Lora 720-492-2117 for details and to meet us for a snack, before you decide, we should, of course meet. If you need to see a background check you may check my profile on verified volunteers. Im legit, we just hate to think someone is alone this holiday, when we would be blessed to have you here! Much love!!!

AGING OUT IN DENVER

GERTRUDE73's picture

IF THE AGED
OUT TEEN WANT HELP IT IS THERE.

AGING OUT IN DENVER

GERTRUDE73's picture

THERE IS HELP FOR THE AGING OUT IF THEY REALLY WANT IT