Daniel’s mission is to provide quality services for youth and families. One way we do that is by helping professionals, clients, and their respective organizations establish and maintain effective Independent Living Programs. Daniel’s National Independent Living Conference, Growing Pains, is a must-attend event for youth service professionals, independent living professionals, and youth aged 15 and up.
Growing Pains presenters include experts in the field of independent living who lead training sessions, workshops, panel discussions, and leadership and team building activities dedicated to the needs of youth who are currently in care. Each general session and workshop offers innovative ideas on how youth can adapt to life’s ever-changing situations and be properly guided to become competent, responsible, independent adults. For conference attendees seeking extra training, plan to attend pre-conference institutes one day prior to the general conference start.
The "Growing Pains" Conference is endorsed as the official conference of the National Independent Living Association (NILA).
For more information visit the event website HERE
FosterClub young leaders facilitated 6 workshops at this year's Daniel Memorial Conference.
- #HealthCareFFY: How Well Are States Doing at Providing Health Care for Former Foster Youth?
- Historic Opportunity for Change: Youth Perspective in Implementation of the Family First Act
- #FosterEquality: Safety, Inclusion and Equity for LGBTQ in Foster Care
- FosterClub SPARK: A New Era of Curriculum for Transition-Age Foster Youth
- Foster Youth Informed and Involved: Improving Youth Participation in Case Planning
- FosterClub Youth Transition Roundtable