Employment Opportunity: Youth Programs Director
FosterClub's Youth Programs department is currently seeking an experienced Program Director. FosterClub provides a community of support for young people who go through the foster care experience.
Candidates who identify as BIPOC and candidates with lived experience in the child welfare program are strongly encouraged to apply.
What You Will Do
You will lead the Youth Services team, one of two program teams at FosterClub, in alignment with the FosterClub logic model and all related theories and components. This team implements activities designed to support children, youth, and young adults who experience the foster care system. The work is carried out in partnership with members of FosterClub's Lived Experience (LEx) Leader team, composed of young people aged 18-26 who have experienced the child welfare system. The Youth Services team is composed of specialists in youth engagement and a program function (e.g., Curriculum) and generalist project managers.
What You Will Need
- Master of Education, Communications, or Social Work preferred, or a minimum of a Bachelor's degree and/or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 10 years of experience in nonprofit, social services, or education sectors, with at least five years in a leadership role that includes supervision of multiple staff.
- Excellent youth engagement skills. At least five years professional experience working directly with young people.
- Strong project management skills, including managing complex, multifaceted projects, especially using technology to manage projects and team members remotely.
- Commitment to FosterJEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion), a commitment to elevating lived experience in systems change work, and Positive Youth Development.
FosterClub's mission is big: lead the efforts of young people in and from foster care to become connected, educated, inspired, and represented so they can realize their potential and contribute to a better life for their peers.
To engage and empower those who have the most stake in transforming the foster care system: young people themselves. FosterClub creates opportunities and connections for young people from foster care with unique tools and programs. It engages young people to change lives - their own, and their peers - and ultimately improve the child welfare system.
Come As You Are
At FosterClub, we believe that good youth engagement integrates Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI). JEDI is a core tent of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. Candidates who identify as BIPOC and candidates with lived experience in the child welfare system are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary range of $80,000 - $85,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Instructions and Deadline
Please click the button below to view the detailed job posting before submitting your application.
If you meet the qualifications and would like to apply for this position, the deadline is Friday, November 19, 2021. Candidates will be contacted for interviews after this date. If you are selected for this position, a background investigation will be conducted that includes verifying prior employment and criminal history.
This is a full-time position. This job may be conducted fully remotely and can be performed anywhere in the United States. Some travel may be required. Please review the detailed job posting carefully before applying.
Interested in this position?