FosterClub is the national network for young people in foster care. Our mission is to lead the efforts of young people in and from foster care to become connected, educated, inspired and represented so they can realize their personal potential and contribute to a better life for their peers. FosterClub is dedicated to providing a peer support network for children and youth in foster care. Further, we believe that the experiences young people have in foster care place them in a position to affect change within the system, inform and motivate their peers, build public awareness and create public will for improved care for abused and neglected children.
With headquarters in Seaside, Oregon, and a policy office in Washington DC, our small non-profit organization makes a big impact on foster care across the nation. Last year, we impact over 106,000 youth in foster care, and our young leaders have been heralded for their role in passage of major child welfare legislation. For more information, please visit www.fosterclub.org
- Position: Permanent
- Salary: $27,000 - $36,000 per year, DOE
- Working Hours: Full time: 40 hours per week.
- Location: Seaside, Oregon
- Probation: 6 months
- Leave: 15 days per year (pro-rated to start date) (in addition to FosterClub holidays) increasing with length of service
- Start date: ASAP
As a member of our small team, you will play an integral part in our organization. Reporting to and in partnership with the Young Leaders Program Manager, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for building the capacity of FosterClub’s Young Leader Corps (approx. 500 Young Leaders).
- Assist with the recruitment, support and growth of FosterClub’s Young Leader Network
- Lead project management and support activities of young leaders, including arrangement of travel and logistics, reporting, and tracking of tasks
- Interface with partner organizations and manage relationships
- Promote positive youth development for young leaders
- Address, manage and elevate young leader needs
- Conduct light training of young leaders, preparing them for participation in activities
- Write about young leaders, including development of biographical statements, reports regarding activities, and content that highlights their success.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organization skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Google tools, and social media (we are Mac-based)
- Experience managing relationships with external partners
- Time management, including ability to stick to and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated project management experience, including (but not limited to) planning, implementing and reporting functions
- Willingness to travel (25% time, up to 50% time during summer months)
- Valid drivers license
- Remote Employment is not allowed
- First-hand experience with foster care, such as alumni of the system
- A candidate who is passionate about our cause
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in positive youth development practice and implementation
- Minorities, individuals with disabilities, LGBTQ and veterans are encouraged to apply
- FosterClub is committed to building a culturally diverse work environment. Applicants are requested to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal.
- Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
- Due to limited resources FosterClub will only contact shortlisted employees
- Any offer made will be conditional on receipt of 2 written references (from your most recent employer and a character reference).
- All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks and the selected individual may not begin until background checks are completed.