State Policies that Support Youth Transitioning from Foster Care and the Easy-to-Use State Child Welfare Policy Database
Join us for a Webinar on December 20
How Do the Foster Care Policies in Your State Compare to Other States? Taking a Look at State Policies that Support Transitioning Foster Youth and the Easy-to-Use State Child Welfare Policy Database Do you know:
• If young people in your state can stay in foster care beyond age 18?
• At what age do young people in your state become eligible for independent living services?
• What state-funded independent living services and supports are available to young people in your state?
• If young people in your state can re-enter foster care once they’ve left? If you are interested in increasing your knowledge about the policies that affect foster youth in your state, or if you are an advocate for improving the foster care system and the situation for transitioning youth, please join a free webinar on December 20, 2010 at 7:30 pm EST.
THE WEBINAR WILL COVER:
• A tour of the State Child Welfare Policy Database, an easy-to-use online resource supported by Casey Family Programs and managed by Child Trends,
• Highlights from a national survey of older youth policies conducted by researchers at Chapin Hall in 2008,
• Examples from young people of ways foster youth or alumni can use this information for advocacy or other activities,
• Remarks by other leaders in child welfare policy
INVITED SPEAKERS INCLUDE: JooYeun Chang, Senior Director, Public Policy, Casey Family Programs Kerry DeVooght, Senior Research Analyst, Child Trends Amy Dworsky, Senior Researcher, Chapin Hall at the University of Chicago Charlie McNeely, FosterClub All-Star Leonard Burton, Chief Operating Officer, Jim Casey Youth Opportunities Initiative This webinar is geared to meet the information needs of young adults, staff and other supportive adults who work with, or on behalf of, foster youth. All interested stakeholders are welcome to join. Please sign up today!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Title: State Policies that Support Youth Transitioning from Foster Care and the Easy-to-Use State Child Welfare Policy Database Date: Monday, December 20, 2010 Time: 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM EST After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar. System Requirements PC-based attendees Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server Macintosh®-based attendees Required: Mac OS® X 10.4.11 (Tiger®) or newer