Position: Training and Education Program Coordinator
Responsible to: Training and Education Program Manager, Ashley Foster-French
Compensation: Pay Grade C-2; $31,000 to $35,000, DOQ; Exempt; Full-time; Generous Paid Time Off; Dental
Start date: ASAP
The Training and Education Department is responsible for the development, distribution, and tracking of all the organization’s educational materials including publications, youth and adult stakeholder workshops, and foster parent online training. The Training and Education Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the creation and implementation of trainings, events, and curriculum and publication development as well as tracking progress and striving for rapid growth and development within the department.
- Assists in the development of project proposals, cost estimates and budgets, timelines and scheduling
- Coordinates and assists in the development of electronic and written materials for project management proposals, presentations, and status updates
- Organize and manage Training and Education projects and office operations including but not limited to filing systems, spreadsheets, databases, and schedules
- Helps identify needed resources for the Training and Education Department
- Preparing project reviews
- Coordinate with other departments as necessary
- Maintain financial recordkeeping for projects and events
- Support partner relationships
- Traveling to training events and speaking engagements across the country prepared to be the voice and representation of FosterClub for duration of travel
- Extensive Public Speaking
- Provide training support and distribution of educational materials to network of Young Leaders
- Provide training and support to up to 30 in house interns for 15 weeks from May - August
- Work with Young Leaders Department to ensure critical Training and Education Department needs are elevated during summer internship months
- Work with Marketing Assistant to support distribution of curriculum and publication materials across the organization
- Work with Marketing Assistant to monitor distribution of curriculum, publications, and Foster Parent Online Training
- Administering cold calls to solicit materials and services
- Works collaboratively to reduce racial and gendered outcome disparities for youth and families engaged in the child welfare system.
- Other duties as assigned - Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Graduated from four year college or university with emphasis in social work, education, or other related field
- A minimum of two years experience in a human services, positive youth development, non-profit, or related industry
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal social grace
- Strong organization skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Google tools, and social media (we are MAC based)
- Database management experience
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- The ability to work cooperatively with many different people as a member of a highly collaborative office team
- Ability to be high functioning and flexible in a non-traditional, fast paced work environment
- Experience managing relationships with external partners
- Strong time management skills, including the ability to stick to and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated project management experience, including planning, implementing, and reporting functions
- Willingness to travel 25% (up to 50%) during summer months
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstatable Social Justice understanding and commitments
- Experience developing and delivering original curriculum content
- Capacity to execute tasks with accuracy, consistency, efficiency, and attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Any combination of skills and experience that demonstrates ability to fulfill essential functions of this job
Additionally, we are looking for the following competencies:
- Cultural Competency - able to support diverse team of staff and young leaders, especially youth of color and youth who may identify as LGBTQ+, or otherwise gender-nonconforming; demonstrated commitment to reducing the impacts of structural and interpersonal forms of racism, homophobia and related oppressions. The ability to communicate in two or more languages is strongly preferred.
- Organizing - strong project management and communication skills; exceptional capacity for managing and leading projects.
- Ability to authentically connect with youth and young adults; understanding of anti-racist organizing traditions and principles a plus.
- Results — proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; the ability to understand the balance of the delivery of services and products against the realities of restricted timelines and multiple team players; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness
- Strategic Vision and Agility — ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into work plan
- Action Oriented — enjoys working hard and looks for challenges to elevate; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available.
- Lived Experience - This is an excellent opportunity for candidates with experience in foster care and/or the child welfare system.
- Creativity and Innovation - able to meet the ever increasing necessity of cultivating the unique brand and personality of FosterClub through discovery, invention, and creation. Enjoys generating new and novel ideas and applying as a collaborative enterprise through the use of conscious insight.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sitting at desk Keyboarding 60% of the time
- Occasional lifting <35lbs
- Climb one flight of stairs for staff meetings 2x’s per week.
- High energy walking at events
- Facilitation of physical activities
Expected Hours of Work
- Regular office hours Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm, willing to discuss and accommodate slight adjustments
- Frequent travel and overnights while supporting team members and Young Leaders to fulfill contractual obligations at events and engagements nationwide
- Occasional after-hours response to emergency type situations
- Traveling overnight for staff retreats and developmental training opportunities
- Travel and Flying >25%
25% of time spent traveling or otherwise out of the office, including:
- Occasional travel to support Young Leaders at events across the country; more frequent during summer internship periods.
- Frequent travel during summer internship season, including providing transportation to/from airport and enrichment activities.
FosterClub is committed to building a more diverse, accessible, and fully inclusive work environment. We strive to be a workplace where people of color, LGBTQ+, and those with non-traditional career trajectories can thrive. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we are also committed to upholding applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations prohibiting unlawful discrimination in employment on the basis of age, ancestry, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or the presence of a physical, cognitive, or sensory disability. People of color, LGBTQ+ folx, women and foster care alumni are urged to apply.
- Please submit a Resume and Cover Letter to Ashley Foster-French - email@example.com
- Due to limited resources FosterClub will only contact shortlisted employees
- Any offer made will be conditional on receipt of two references (from your most recent employer and a character reference).
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a background check prior to a final offer being made
- Start date: ASAP