The Company: FosterClub believes that our employees drive the success of the company. Therefore, with success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to lead the efforts of young people in and from the foster care system to become connected, educated, inspired, and represented to realize their potential and contribute to a better life for their peers.
Our Team: We are a growing, well-regarded, and passionate firm, and our new project coordinator will be a vital component of our team. To make our work meaningful for the youth that we serve, we ensure our team reflects the individuals' diversity and lived experiences. We believe that it is not only the right thing to do, but it also makes our company stronger.
The system change team at FosterClub is responsible for public policy, practice improvement, and public awareness. As a member of the team, the Communications Specialist will primarily focus on leading FosterClub’s System Change public awareness campaign. The person in this role will develop and execute a strategic communications plan to support FosterClub’s efforts to propel system change in the child welfare system informed by lived experience.
Do you have experience in Media Press and partner outreach? Do you consider yourself to be a public policy guru? Do you enjoy creating social media content, and Graphic design?
If this sounds like you, you may be The Right One! Please continue to learn more about this opportunity. Also, don’t forget to take a look at our compensation and benefits package.
APPLY BY June 4th!
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain list of key child welfare partners at the state and federal level
- Keep updated lists of federal policy leaders and roles, including social media outlets
- Keep abreast of current policy trends and research in youth development and child welfare practices
- Develop regular communication messages to policy and advocacy partners
- Other duties as assigned
Media Press & Partner Outreach
- Use social media to connect with and engage members of the media with interest in children, youth, foster care and related issues in order to build media relationships
- Monitor news and media articles related to child welfare issues Keep abreast of current trends and research in youth development and child welfare practices
- Ensure media engagement occurs in alignment with FosterClub’s Work collaboratively efforts to reduce racial and gendered outcome disparities for youth and families engaged in the child welfare system
- Other duties as assigned
- Design and update youth-informed print and digital publications content that advances the system change goals of FosterClub
- Update, develop, & design FosterClub and associated partners’ website related to the system change projects, such as Family Voices United and Family First Act
- Managing the overall development and creation of FosterClub’s System Change’s team digital content including creating regular content for all social media platforms(i.e., written content, creating engaging memes, managing town halls, etc)
- Enhancing and expanding FosterClub’s social media presence and outreach to various stakeholders to increase program reach and audience.
In all activities, work collaboratively to reduce racial and gendered outcome disparities for youth and families engaged in the child welfare system
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to brand standards and produce collateral that represents brand, which is youthful, fun, and interactive.
- Intermediate to advanced Graphic Design experience with emphasis on professional and policy audiences using creative tools including Adobe (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), plus web-based tools such as Canva.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including copy editing ability.
- Experience developing and executing print publications, including pre-press processes and print vendor relations.
- Experience developing, executing, & evaluating the effectiveness of digital communications strategies, including demonstrated use of social platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and/or TikTok.
- Ability to provide technical assistance to the entire program team regarding communications opportunities and strategies.
- At least three years of professional experience in a similar communications role.
- Experience creating content, proofreading and editing written communication for adult stakeholder audiences.
- Intermediate to expert level experience using Google Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.), Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint), or similar systems
- Intermediate to advanced website design and website management experience, Drupal experience strongly preferred
- Video development skills.
All FosterClub Employees are expected to be/have:
- Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion (FosterJEDI) commitment
- Tech savvy
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to work successfully with young people
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Commitment to ongoing personal and organizational growth development
Expected Hours of Work
- Regular office hours Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm PST
- Must occasionally be available to respond to Young Leaders after-hours as needed
- May include occasional weekend assignments
- Up to 40% of time spent out of office
- Employee will be expected to adhere to Travel Policy
The Location: Our permanent remote work opportunity affords us the privilege of working with a dynamic team located throughout the US. We are headquartered in Seaside, Oregon, and we have an office in Washington DC.
Compensation & Benefits: The pay range we are offering $50,000 In addition, FosterClub offers company paid benefits such as Medical, dental, Time Off, and selective paid holidays.