FosterClub seeks a Communications & Fundraising Manager to play a critical role in ensuring the organization achieves its plans for growth in alignment with its mission, vision and values. This individual will report to the Director of Operations and will tell the story of FosterClub by communicating our work to the world at large and through the stories of the young people we serve. The Communications & Fundraising Manager will work closely with program staff, to ensure cohesive marketing and communications efforts cross-departmentally and network-wide. The candidate will be responsible for digital content creation (website and social media), communications to donors and partners, and drive the communications calendar and brand standards for FosterClub. A successful candidate will be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively within a small, close-knit team, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders, including youth.
Candidates who identify as BIPOC and candidates with lived experience in the child welfare system are strongly encouraged to apply.
PRIORITY: Collaborate with Directors and key staff to develop marketing and communications plans to promote FosterClub resources, research, publications, public awareness and advocacy efforts
- Meet regularly (once per month) with Directors and key staff to discuss upcoming comms activities and make sure everyone is on the same page
- With input from Directors, write and manage a cohesive communications strategy to be used across the org
- Make assessments and recommendations around the communications platforms and tools being used throughout the org, and how they can be used
- Support individual program team members in developing and distributing communications materials as needed
PRIORITY: Manage individual fundraising program: plan and execute annual fund strategies, design assets for fundraising campaigns, manage small donor relationships
- Create written plan and annualized calendar for individual fundraising activities (Annual Fund)
- Manage fundraising events (such as P2P) and campaigns
- Issue receipts and/or gift acknowledgements as necessary
- Establish and maintain workplace giving relationships
- Establish and maintain partnership with chapter-based and other organizations who engage their constituencies in fundraising for FosterClub
PRIORITY: Lead FosterClub marketing efforts targeted at adult supporters, including eNewsletters, bulk emails, Annual Report, and social media, in collaboration with Program staff
- Write, edit, and distribute quarterly donor newsletter in alignment with Annual Fund strategy, while soliciting input and feedback from other team members
- Develop and distribute additional bulk email touchpoints for adult supporters throughout the year (i.e. leadership messages, announcements, engagement activities, etc.)
- Source and/or write and publish social media posts (2-3 per week) in alignment with the Annual Fund strategy
- Work with program staff to identify key activities to elevate and share with supporter network
- Use the org communications strategy to support program staff in creating and distributing content through email and social media
PRIORITY: Drive strategy to increase subscribers to eList and connections on social media
- Conduct and present research into current best practices, tools, and methods to build out mailing lists
- Make recommendations for, and execute, activities that will increase followers (such as paid ads, earned media placements, targeted outreach to existing non-engaged supporters, etc.)
PRIORITY: Manage communications activities in CRM, including user management, data conventions, bulk email tools; provide training and technical support to other FosterClub staff as needed
- Create onboarding/training materials for new staff using Civi and provide continued support to team members.
PRIORITY: Maintain communications editorial calendar for FosterClub staff use for web, email and social media
- Manage a shared calendar, founded in both the org comms strategy and the Annual Fund plan, that other team members can view and contribute to.
- Meet regularly with key program staff to make sure their activities are represented in the calendar.
- Write and edit content for FosterClub website and provide assistance to staff in keeping the website updated, as needed.
PRIORITY: Manage FosterClub brand; ensure communications assets developed by program teams are aligned with style guide, “look and feel”, and voice of the organization
- Regularly review posts, emails, and other communications materials
- Manage FosterClub’s network-wide digital asset library.
PRIORITY: Support Executive Director in managing major donor and sponsor relationships
- Create and manage shareable assets for third-party fundraising (including webpages, flyers, graphics, calendars, etc.)
- Provide additional support as needed
PRIORITY: In collaboration with Program staff, manage all aspects of FosterClub’s social media presence (website, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok)
- Monitor, report and present on social media engagement analytics as part of monthly update to Executive Director
PRIORITY: Support media requests and other relevant external partner relationships as needed
- Manage media requests form submissions; follow up with and support relevant team members as needed.
- Manage FosterClub’s involvement in strategic partnerships, such as National Foster Care Month
- Develop a list of “friendly” media contacts.
- Integrate media outreach into the org comms strategy and execute planned activities.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in communications, marketing, and/or fundraising in a nonprofit organization
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as journalism, public relations or communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (candidates selected to interview will be required to complete written performance exercise)
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Proven results in developing and implementing strategic plans for communications, marketing, and/or fundraising campaigns
- Proven results in managing social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) and analytics technologies (Sprout Social, Tweetreach, Meltwater, etc.) to engage a diverse audience
- Familiarity with CMS platforms and basic HTML (Drupal. WordPress, Wix, or other CMS)
- Familiarity with CRM platforms (Salesforce, CiviCRM) and data set management
- Ability to work with photography and create graphics, with a preference for experience with Adobe suite
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while managing deadlines
- Passion for supporting young people from foster care
Compensation & Benefits
$70k-90k, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a fully remote position, with occasional travel required.
Benefits: Dental, Vision, Health, Paid time off.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
FosterClub is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
To submit an application, please click this link:
Interested in this position?