The Company: FosterClub leads the efforts of young people in and from the foster care system to become connected, educated, inspired, and represented so they can realize their potential and contribute to a better life for their peers.
Our Team: To make our work meaningful for the youth we serve, we ensure our team reflects the diversity and lived experiences of the individuals we serve. We believe that it is not only the right thing to do, but it also makes our company stronger.
The Position: FosterClub seeks a remote Communications and Development Manager to play a critical role in ensuring the organization achieves its plans for growth in alignment with its mission, vision, and values. This individual will report to the Director of Operations and tell the story of FosterClub by communicating our work to the world at large and through the stories of the young people we serve.
The Communications and Development Manager will work closely with communications staff serving on the Program teams to ensure cohesive marketing and communications efforts cross-departmentally and network-wide. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for digital content creation (website and social media), communications to donors and partners, and drive the communications calendar and brand standards for FosterClub.
Ideal Candidate:A successful candidate will be comfortable working independently and collaboratively within a small, close-knit team and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. In addition, the successful candidate must communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders, including youth.
APPLY BY May 21!
- Collaborate with Directors and key staff to develop marketing and communications plans to promote FosterClub resources, program success, and public awareness
- Develop and lead fundraising campaigns, including peer-to-peer, in-kind, workplace giving and corporate sponsorships
- Write and edit content for the FosterClub website and provide assistance to staff in keeping the website updated
- Lead marketing efforts, such as E-Newsletters and social media, print collateral (brochures or handouts), video production, and display materials, including vendor management to create assets for marketing.
- In collaboration with Directors and key staff, identify opportunities for partnerships and grants, assisting with proposal development
- Maintain communications editorial calendar for FosterClub staff use for web, email, and social media
- Manage FosterClub’s network-wide digital asset library
- Contribute to corporate/partner engagement content development in collaboration with key staff (Annual Report)
- Support media requests and other relevant external partner relationships, including writing, submitting, and uploading press releases as required
- In collaboration with Program staff, manage all aspects of FosterClub’s social media presence (website, Facebook, Instagram)
- Develop and drive strategy to increase subscribers to eList and connections on social media, including management of the CRM (e.g., Salesforce, CiviCRM)
- Monitor, report, and present on online engagement analytics (web, email, social media, earned media)
- At least five years of relevant professional experience in communications and/or marketing, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as journalism, public relations, or communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (candidates selected to interview will be required to complete written performance exercise)
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills
- Proven results in implementing marketing and communications strategic plans
- Proven results in managing social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) and analytics technologies (Sprout Social, Tweetreach, Meltwater, etc.) to engage a diverse audience
- Familiarity with CMS platforms and basic HTML (WordPress, Wix, or other CRM)
- Familiarity with CRM platforms (Salesforce, CiviCRM) and data set management
- Ability to work with photography and create graphics, with a preference for experience with Adobe suite
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while managing deadlines
- Passion for supporting young people from foster care
Compensation: We are looking for a Remote Communications and Fundraising Manager. The pay range we are offering is $65,000 -$70,000.
Benefits: We are a growing, well-regarded, and passionate firm, and our new Communications and Development Manager will be a vital component of our team. In addition, FosterClub offers benefits, including a health care plan, retirement plan, paid vacations, holidays, and competitive wages.
The Location: Our permanent remote work opportunity affords us the privilege of working with a dynamic team located throughout the US. Our headquarters is located in Seaside, Oregon, and we have an office in Washington DC.