Applications are now open for the 2021 All-Star Internship Program. Apply Now!
In order to apply, youth must meet the following requirements. If you are unsure if you qualify, please email us at email@example.com or call at 503-717-1552.
- Have firsthand experience in the child welfare system - This includes (but is not limited to): foster care, adoption, congregate care, and relative/kinship care.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 24 - All-Stars must be 18-24 on the first date of the internship.
- Be responsible and require minimal supervision - All-Stars will primarily be unsupervised outside of working hours.
Be able and willing to travel (no traveling at this time) - All-Stars will need valid identification and authorization to travel by car and plane.
- Have the ability to obtain - high-speed internet (we will work with folks to ensure you have adequate bandwidth)
Be able and willing to be photographed.
- Be able to obtain required permissions from foster care agency if still in foster care.
- Be willing to undergo a background check - All offers of employment are made upon the successful completion of a background check. All-Stars may not begin until background checks are completed. Violations do not necessarily disqualify an applicant.
For more information about internship dates, eligibility, and program information, click here.
Don't forget, we made some changes to the All-Star Application this year. You can now either submit a written or video response to the essay prompts. Written responses can be submitted in the online application and video responses can be submitted directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will also be requiring a resume to be submitted with the application! Check out our blog post with tips and tricks on writing a resume here.
Applications will be available until February 28, 2021 at 11:59 PM PST.