Position: Administrative Assistant
Responsible to: Finance & Office Manager, Nissa Roberts
Compensation: Assistant, A3 range; $12.25 - $13.75/hour, DOQ; Non-Exempt; Full-time; Generous Paid Time Off; Dental; Medical - Summer 2019
Start date: ASAP
Review: Six-month probationary period; Quarterly performance and compensation evaluations
The Administrative department at FosterClub is responsible for supporting the program departments in their work to engage and support foster youth as well as performing many of the general functions which allow the organization to run smoothly on a daily basis. The Administrative department handles functions as diverse as general customer service (phones, reception, mail); fulfillment, shipping and inventory management of FosterClub publications and merchandise; the oversight of housing for our summer interns; travel and logistics for staff and youth; providing technical support to staff for technology used in-house; social media and internet presence; and all finance functions. Reporting to the Finance & Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant ensures that those who reach out to FosterClub, as well as those already engaged with the organization as Young Leaders, partners, or staff, receive excellent and timely help and support. We are looking for a dynamic self-starter who can not only proactively prioritize and execute daily tasks in a fast-paced environment but who can also identify and implement process improvements.
- Maintain high standards and implement process improvements in a variety of general administrative tasks, including:
- Reception and front office duties including telephone, electronic, and other written communications with a wide variety of people; greeting visitors to the office; general errands
- Stocking and ordering supplies for both general and program/project use
- Fulfillment and shipping of FosterClub publications and merchandise
- Inventory control of FosterClub publications and merchandise under the direction of Product & Services Coordinator
- Logistics (travel) booking and on-site travel contact for staff and youth
- First line technical support for Foster Parent Online Training, such as processing requests for password resets or resolving payment processing difficulties
- Varied social media, website, and SEO-type tasks done under the direction of program staff or Finance & Office Manager
- Oversight of FosterClub van including scheduling for staff use, arranging for general maintenance and providing a consistent check in/check out process
- Coordination and oversight of general readiness and maintenance of FosterClub housing designated for use by summer interns and other, off-season guests
- Works collaboratively with staff to support daily operations
- Works collaboratively across departments to reduce racial and gendered outcome disparities in the child welfare system through constituent engagement practices.
- Other duties as assigned - Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Required Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of two years experience in a fast-paced office environment and demonstrable competence that demonstrates capacity to meet the deliverables described in this posting
- Any satisfactory equivalent combination of education, experience, training and demonstrable competence that demonstrates capacity to meet the deliverables described in this posting
Additionally, we are looking for the following competencies:
- Technology - Able to fully utilize hardware and software applications typical of our office environment, including G-Suite applications, Adobe products, and social media. Knowledge of, or ability and willingness to learn, CiviCRM.
- Communication - Able to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal and written forms (email, LiveChat, texting, etc). Ability to follow and utilize new digital media, including Instagram, Facebook.
- Organizational skills - Ability to prioritize routine tasks and just-in-time requests in a fast-paced environment; keeps others informed as to progress on tasks as well as reporting challenges that arise and provides suggested solutions to those problems.
- Adaptability - Recognizes opportunities to propose process improvements that will lead to increased efficiencies, cost savings, and/or better service to program areas.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Ability to work in close collaboration with multiple different team members in order to effectively execute both routine and special projects. Willingness to draw on in-office sources as well as external network to access relevant and useful knowledge.
- Cultural Competency - able to fully support a diverse team of staff and young leaders, especially youth of color and youth who may identify as LGBTQ+, or otherwise gender-nonconforming; demonstrated commitment to reducing the impacts of structural and interpersonal forms of racism, homophobia, and related oppressions.
- Lived Experience - While lived experience is not a requirement, this is an excellent opportunity for candidates with experience in foster care and/or the child welfare system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit at desk keyboarding and on the telephone - Frequent
- Drive - Frequent (must have current DL, reliable vehicle, insurance)
- Lift <35lbs - Frequent
- Lift <50lbs - Occasional
- Bend, squat/rise, twist
- Climb stairs - Occasional
- Light housekeeping or maintenance activities (office or intern housing) - <10% of the time
Hours of Work
Regular office hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, with occasional night or weekend events.
TravelFrequent, routine local travel for errands. Occasional overnight travel may be required for program or other needs. Frequent extended local (5-150 miles round trip) travel during summer internship season, including providing transportation to/from airport and enrichment activities.
FosterClub is committed to building a more diverse, accessible, and fully inclusive work environment. We strive to be a workplace where people of color, LGBTQ+, and those with non-traditional career trajectories can thrive. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we are also committed to upholding applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations prohibiting unlawful discrimination in employment on the basis of age, ancestry, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political ideology, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or the presence of a physical, cognitive, or sensory disability. People of color, LGBTQ+ folx, women and foster care alumni are urged to apply.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to - email@example.com
- Due to limited resources FosterClub will only contact shortlisted employees
- Any offer made will be conditional on receipt of two references (from your most recent employer and a character reference).
- The successful applicant will be expected to undergo a criminal background check and a DMV records check upon accepting a conditional job offer.
Start date: ASAP